About my Blog and Me

What i´m trying to do is, view Movies and Episods objectively and write my own opinion. I´m not e huge fan of knowing every single background-information about a Movie and criticize the viewing experience on the facts how mutch the Movie is true to his Source. A Movie stays for it self and the Viewer can take from it what ever it has to offer. So thats it. I just write my thoughts, experience and maybe my frustration about a Movie. I hope my Readers will like it.

Donnerstag, 6. Januar 2011

Brazil (1985)



Directed and written by Terry Gilliam.
First of all. I´m not a huge fan of Terry Gilliam Movies. Some say that his Monty Python Titels are epic and a must see. And i like those Films, don´t get me wrong, but i dont run in the next Store to have them in my DVD-Collection. So my first thoughts on the Recommendation by CivilianSnowman (who calls this movie in his top 20 of all time) were not that mutch excited. But sometimes i listen to sutch a Recommendation and throw this and that in my shopping cart at amazon. Enough piff paff talk.

I´m not going to explain the whole plot. But what you get is a futuristic retro crossover with many many satire of Society, Business, Politics and even Dreaming and Love. And if you think, this is a little bit mutch, your right. It gets to a crazy mixture and even action packed at some parts. The Effects are damn good for its time. I don´t even try to say that i get every single detail of the Movie. It get realy surreal at time. And i like that. I love those Movies like eternal sunshine of a spotless mind were you quit lose your self and just go with it. If your open to those things, this Movie delivers all that. It even twists and turns that you get a real unexpected End.
The Mix of future-style and Retro mechanical parts are amazing. I can´t get enough of the interpretation of the futuristic Computers.

So at the End, how was it?
I liked it. I liked it more than i first thougt of it. For me this Movie finds the ballance of drastical showing of political decisions, Society, cruel buisness and on the other hand, fighting for there Dreams and love, parodie and humor. Thanks to this large spectrum everyone can take something from this Film. But not everyone is open for sutch a mixture.

My rating:

7.5 / 10

Thanks for the tip. I hope my englisch is not too bad. I realy hope i can improve my reviews in the future.
Thanks for reading

Keine Kommentare: